EJV is excited to announce we have received the NJDOH guidelines and we will return to play this summer. Based upon the guideline, high-risk contact sports, ie football, can resume July 22, 2020. We recognize there is still risk associated with the COVID-19 virus but we feel our community will follow the guidelines as they were written and help us safely get our kids back to Giangulio Field.
Please review and familiarize yourself with the guidelines provided by the NJDOH and the EJV Return to Play Plan. All who participate in EJV activities should respect and follow these guidelines. Parents and coaches will need to sign and acknowledge the receipt, review, and the adherence to both the NJDOH guidelines as well as the EJV Return to Play Plan.
NJ Department of Health
Office of Communications: Judith Persichilli (609-984-7160)
PO Box 360, Trenton, NJ 08625
EJV Return to Play Plan:
EJV coaches, players, and spectators should follow the guidelines provided by the NJDOH. The EJV Return to Play Plan calls out some aspects of the NJDOH Guidelines but does not supersede or replace the guidelines provided by the NJDOH. EJV reserves the right to update the Return to Play Plan at any time to continue to provide a safe environment. A parent/guardian of each player will need to sign an acknowledgement of receipt for the NJDOH guidelines and the EJV Return to Play Plan.
- Signs will be posted at the entrance of the football field, the entrance of the Foulke Clubhouse, bathroom entrances and snack stand, as a reminder of the social distancing, face covering, and good hygiene protocols.
- Coaching staff and parents/guardians should wear cloth face coverings at any time that social distancing is not possible. Athletes are also encouraged to wear cloth or disposable face coverings when not engaging in vigorous activity, such as when sitting on the bench, when interacting with an athletic trainer, etc…
- Each weight class division head coach will be supplied with a safety kit: including hand sanitizer and disinfecting spray to be used by the players and coaches. Also included will be copy of the guidelines and reference materials.
- Helmets and practice uniforms will be sanitized prior to distribution to each player.This will be a one-time process.The parents will then be held responsible until that equipment is returned at the end of the season. All training and hitting bags will be sanitized and safely stored to be utilized by EJV coaches only. Said equipment will have to be logged out in order to maintain proper cleaning by the coach prior to returning to the storage container. The storage container will be locked at all times with access only to an Active Board member.
- Footballs and equipment used for drills will be sanitized frequently during games and practices. Each Head Coach will assign someone to monitor and be held accountable for any equipment that is used for each practice and game.
- Bathrooms will be monitored and wiped down frequently.Each person must utilize hand sanitizer prior to entering.
- The concession stand will also be open as soon as the practice schedule is released. Social distancing will be required and EJV will follow the same guidelines provided by the DOH and be updated when that information is available.
- All players and coaches will be required to have a temperature check, verbal questionnaire, and sign acknowledgement before each practice and game. This will take place under the deck side of the clubhouse before any player or coach is permitted to enter the field.Parent volunteers for each age/weight class will be needed for this process.
- No spectators, parents or unregistered children will be permitted on to the field at any time.Please remain on the outside of the fence, practicing social distance or wear a mask, if you are unable to do so.
- Game Day – only the players and coaches for that assigned game will be permitted on the field.If you are assigned to volunteer to work the down maker chains, you must follow the above guidelines as the players and coaches, to be on the field.
- Practice and Game Day Mandates:
- Any player or coach with a temp of 100.4F will be asked to leave the complex immediately.
- All Players/Cheerleaders will need a parent or guardian present for the check in process and to sign acknowledgment. (Please arrive 20min before the start of practice and 1-2 Hours depending on age weight/class prior to the start of a game, to allow your child time to execute), NO CHECK-IN, NO PRACTICE OR GAME
- Sick coaches, players, and families are encouraged to stay home. To safely determine when to participate and when to stay home follow the guidelines in section 1.a.vii in the above referenced NJDOH guidelines.
- Absolutely no one should enter the Giangulio complex if they have tested positive or are showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Individuals, including coaches, playersand families, who have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19 should also stay home and monitor their health.
Our season is scheduled to start on August 3RD. Your coach will be communicating the specific details around your team’s schedule. Registration is now open. EJV will not be collecting registration fees until practice has started and we have a confirmed game schedule. We will hold the registration fee until that confirmation has been made for any child that has transferred their flag registration for the tackle/cheer season.
Thank you for your patience, cooperation, and support. We look forward to a very successful season and will update you with any new pertinent information as soon as it is available.
EJV Board of Directors